Website OBrien Real Estate Corporate
To create a place where we can facilitate our people's growth.
Full Time – Sales Trust/ Accounts Administration
A unique opportunity exists for a self-motivated, results oriented individual to join our Real Estate Finance team. Working closely in a team environment with our accounts, Sales and Property Management teams, this role will allow you to showcase your existing skills and further develop your career with a great company.
We are looking for an honest, reliable and supportive person, willing to learn all facets of the Trust Accounting role with the opportunity to grow the position to all aspects of accounts.
This position is full time – Monday to Friday. 9.00am to 5.30pm located initially in Berwick before moving over to the Corporate office in South Melbourne.
Extensive training will be provided to ensure you are able to excel in the role of daily trust accounting services
About the position
- Daily receipting and issuing of trust receipts to clients
- Daily trust releases / processing invoices
- Accurate recording of all transactions including ledger journals
- Correspondence with clients, suppliers and internal stakeholders to obtain required information and confirmation of bank details
- Bank reconciliations, end of month reporting and year end roll overs
- Correspondence with external auditors and lawyers for sign-off of monthly and annual audit requirements, and facilitate on-time payment of sales trust releases
- Maintaining records to adhere to legislative requirements and follow company procedures
- Some general accounts duties, receivables In MYOB or Xero
- This job will involve you working out of our Berwick and South Melbourne offices. This position is for a full time in office role
- Accounts experience is preferred but willing to train the right person for this role
- Preferred real estate experience.
- Trust Accounting experience in PropertyMe is preferred but not essential
- Preferable knowledge of Agentbox.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail & accuracy.
- Able to work autonomously with excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to work with confidential/sensitive information.
- Work efficiently in a team environment.
Founded in 2010, OBrien Real Estate is one of Victoria’s fastest growing real estate agencies and the winner of the 2023 REB Boutique Agency of the Year.
From humble beginnings with a small team in a single office, we’ve surged forward in record time, evolving into one of Victoria’s most trailblazing and progressive real estate networks. Our holistic approach extends beyond transactions; we empower every OBrien team member to lead a well-rounded life, while fostering opportunities to make a positive impact on the community.
Why Choose OBrien?
We’re not just a workplace – we’re a tight-knit family, and your place is right here with us. As you embrace this journey, know that these values are the compass guiding us every day, and they’ll be the same principles guiding you:
Family: Our colleagues are more than just coworkers; they’re a supportive family, always ready to lend a hand and offer help.
Mutuality: Respect is the cornerstone of our relationships, extending to both colleagues and clients in the same measure you’d expect for yourself.
Realising Potential: Your growth is our goal. Empower your potential and uplift those around you.
Embrace Change: We’re not afraid of innovation. Embrace new ideas, strive for excellence, and foster an open-minded approach.
Health and Energy: Your well-being matters. As you dedicate yourself to your role, we encourage a balanced and thriving lifestyle.
In essence, we acknowledge our deep connection to the communities we serve, and together, we work diligently to give our best, continually seeking avenues for improvement. We invite you to step into this enriching journey with us at OBrien Real Estate.